Tuesday 26 July 2016

Well, that didn't work.

I tried to put in a post about last year's Quilt Festival. There were four photos. It sort of froze, wouldn't update, lost all the changes and buggered off with all my words. Maybe I messed it up because I opened the blog on my tablet as well as my laptop. That might confuse the system.

Certainly confused me!

There seems such a lot to learn about and it is not sitting easily into my head. Which is weird. I'm used to things at least making sense, even if I don't learn all of it all in one go. I must remember that the first thing I crocheted came out ugly, tight and twisted. Maybe the first blog posts are supposed to do the same sort of thing. I need to make peace with the way my brain works in my 40s, after illness and brain weasels and CBT and... whatever else.

OK, so I add 'learn how to post photographs in a mosaic' to the top of the list of things to do.

Or I would if I had a list. I have too many things I need to make lists of!

Along with the Lifebook, Book of Days and Flow art lessons... more about those another time.

For now, let it be enough to confess that I am seriously over my head in terms of the number of art courses I have signed up for. Bought. Spent money on. It's a habit. It's not so bad as smoking or drugs, but I guess it's a problem because I'm feeling stressed out about something that is intended to make me feel better.

So what are you going to do about it, Caroline? I'm going to go have a shower, get dressed and maybe have a cup of tea.

And I'm going to hit 'publish' on this in it's current, raw, ugly form, because done and actual beats perfect and imaginary.

No comments:

Post a Comment